BURNERS, COMBUSTION AND NOX EMISSIONS (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
from 2 to 5:30 (CET)
Fossil fuel combustion is a key element affecting glass furnace emissions and energy consumption. Combustion settings and burner types influence heat transfer and formation of aggressive and polluting species such as NOx. In addition to explaining the various mechanisms responsible for pollution, the course will explain how to reduce emissions both from the perspective of primary (process integrated) and secondary (end-of-pipe) techniques.
- Combustion mechanisms
- Emissions sources and legislation
- Glass furnace energy balance
- Radiation and heat transfer
- NOx formation
- Burner types
- Staged combustion
- Carry-over and evaporation
- Impact of combustion on redox
- Combustion monitoring & control
- Abatement technologies
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duties.