HEAT TRANSFER IN GLASS MELTING FURNACES (ADVANCED TRAINING)
This training describes the fundamentals of heat transfer mechanisms in the combustion space, batch blanket and glass melt.
It focusses on radiative heat transfer in glass melts depending on the presence of the colouring ions and the redox state of the melt. The effects of new, emerging, sustainable furnace technologies, like hydrogen combustion and full electric melting on the heat transfer mechanisms are elucidated.
- Heat transfer in the combustion space
– Flame emissivity
– Effect of soot
– H2-rich flames
- Heat penetration in batch
– In flame furnaces
– In electric cold-top furnaces
– Effect of cullet type and content
- Heat transfer in glass melt
– Radiative heat transfer using a new model for predicting thermal radiation conductivity
– Convection in fuel-fired and electric cold top tanks
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duties.