SUSTAINABILITY AND ENERGY SAVINGS (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
16 - 19 October 2023
14:00 - 17:30 CET
Eindhoven (NL) and/or Online
Complying with sustainability targets derived from the Paris climate agreement means that the glass industry is looking at options to lower CO2 emissions and improve energy efficiency.
We will discuss the various options (both for short and longer-term) from the perspective of efficiency, technology readiness and potential side-effects.
- Options for CO2 emission reduction
- Energy consumption (benchmarking) and CO2 emission (direct and indirect) of glass production
- Alternative sustainable fuels and their implication on glass quality, energy consumption, emissions, and furnace lifetime
- Influence of the furnace design on energy consumption and CO2 emission
- Raw material selection and impact on CO2 footprint
- Waste heat recovery
- CO2 capture and utilization
Oscar VerheijenOscar Verheijen obtained his PhD from Eindhoven Technical University before joining TNO as a R&D project manager and business development manager of sustainable technologies. He is now R&D and training team leader at CelSian, Board member of the GlassTrend, member of the steering committee of the Dutch Glass Industry (NCNG) and represents the NCNG at European level.
Price The price per participant is 2.190 EUR. This is the equivalent of 4 tons of glass.
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duties.