BUBBLE DIAGNOSIS (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
Bubbles and seeds are the most common cause of rejects in glass production. The course starts with the formation of bubbles during the batch-to-melt conversion and explains the different physical and chemical phenomena leading to their change in composition, size, and removal from the melt. Downstream sources of gases and the formation of bubbles during container and float forming are also described. The course ends with a step-by-step approach to react in case of a bubble upset.
- Batch decarbonization, bubble formation, and interaction with the glass melt.
- Bubble ascent and glass flow velocities.
- Gas solubility, chemical fining and refining.
- Physical fining.
- Reboil mechanisms.
- Downstream sources of gases and forming bubbles.
- Practical guidelines in case of bubble upset.
The 6th participant from the same company can join for free.