ELECTRIC MELTING OF GLASS (FALL INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
Electricity will play a major role in the ongoing energy transition to reduce CO2 emissions. Although electric melting of glass is an old technology, many aspects have to be considered to create an efficient system that is suitable for each specific glass production.
This course focuses on electric melting in general, from the electrical grid down to the electrodes and finally into the melter. The objective of the course is to provide you with a pragmatic level of understanding of the whole melting system.
- Electric melting, heat transfer, and energy
- Purpose of electrical boosting, from sustainability to flexibility
- Melting zone, barrier, throat, and feeder boosting
- Electrode material, types, holder, and cooling systems
- Positioning of electrodes (in and outside the furnace)
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duties.