ELECTRIC SYSTEMS FOR GLASS MELTING (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
2 to 5:30 PM (CET)
8 to 11:30 AM (EST)
Electricity will play a major role in the ongoing energy transition to reduce CO2 emissions. Although electric melting of glass is an old technology, many aspects have to be considered to create an efficient system that is suitable for each specific glass production.
This training focuses on supply and hardware, from the electrical grid down to the electrodes and beyond, to provide you with a pragmatic level of understanding of the whole system.
- Purpose of electrical boosting, from sustainability to flexibility
- Melting zone, barrier and throat boosting
- Electrode material, types, holder and cooling systems
- Positioning of electrodes
- Selecting the correct type of transformer, cables and busbars
- Granularity, efficiency and types of control systems
When onsite, price includes 2 lunches and 1 dinner. It excludes tax and duties.
The 6th participant from the same company can join for free.