GLASS DEFECT DIAGNOSIS (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
Product quality is vital in glass production. This short course focuses on the identification of solid and gaseous defects in glass, diagnosis of the problem and solving it at root cause.
An overview is given of the potential sources of various defects and the available analytical techniques. Examples of defects (from container, tableware and flat glass) will be shown and the participants will be given the chance to analyze the defects themselves. Bubble diagnosis will be explained using case studies.
- Explanation of solid defect sources (raw materials, recycling cullet, refractory, melting & fining processes)
- Characteristics of common defects (stones, devitrification, knots, cords, bubbles)
- Hands-on identification of solid inclusions
- Explanation of sources of bubbles and seeds
- Diagnosis and solution of bubble problems using case histories
Are you joining with 5 other colleagues? The 6th participant can join for free. Contact us to get a 15% discount.
When onsite, price includes lunch and refreshments. It excludes tax and duties.