GLASS MELTING TECHNOLOGIES (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
This training provides an eminent overview of the key process steps involved in converting raw materials into a glass melt ready to be delivered to the forming process. The general description of glass production enables trainees who desire generic knowledge of glass melting to understand the challenges of glass production.
With this condensed version of the 5-day General Glass Technology training, you will have a clear view of the main challenges in glass production and how they are linked to raw materials, furnace design, and process settings.
- Production line for different glass types and products
- Furnace configuration: end port, cross-fired, oxygen fired, electric melters
- A glass furnace is a chemical reactor
- Glass quality : fining process
- Raw materials, recycling and carry-over
- Regenerators and recuperators
- Evaporation, condensation
- Refractory types, properties and challenges
- Energy consumption of glass furnaces
- Environmental aspects and emissions
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duties.