RAW MATERIALS AND MELTING (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
A high-quality glass melt comes from a well-prepared batch. This course covers the initial steps of glass production, from the mineralogy and selection of raw materials to the formation of a melt. The sources and pre-processing of raw materials are presented. Batching operations and means to prevent segregation are discussed. The important influence of the raw material choice on batch-to-melt conversion, kinetics, energy consumption, and process emissions are emphasized.
- Characteristics of the classical raw materials used in the glass industry : chemical composition, grain sizes
- Batch handling, segregation and charging methods
- Cullet use, market, and processing
- Benefits and drawbacks related to the use of recycled cullet
- Influence of raw materials on glass redox and quality
- Batch composition and melting energy
- Melting reactions and kinetics
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duti es.