RAW MATERIALS AND MELTING (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
Raw material selection is the first step of the glass making process and may influence the complete production. The compromise between many economic, process and product requirements is explained during the course.
The homogeneity of the batch will have an impact on the melting and final product quality so technologies to avoid segregation are described. Parameters to enhance the batch-to-melt conversion are also presented.
- Characteristics of the classical raw materials used in the glass industry: chemical composition, origin, treatment, optimum grain sizes…
- Batch composition and melting energy
- Melting reactions and kinetics
- Batch handling, segregation and charging
- Recycling and cullet
- Influence of raw materials on glass redox
When onsite, price includes 2 lunches and 1 dinner. It excludes tax and duties.
Are you joining with 5 other colleagues? The 6th participant can join for free. Contact us to get a 15% discount.