REDOX, FINING AND GLASS QUALITY (ADVANCED TRAINING)
29 - 30 March 2022
09:00 - 17:30 CET
FULLY BOOKED! ADDITIONAL SESSION IN APRIL
Eindhoven (NL) and/or Online
You know that redox is a key element of glass production and that its consequences can be perceived all along the production chain. You want to understand how redox influences the melting and fining process in relation to foaming, seeds defects and colour variations. You will be able to diagnose better redox related issues and to find solutions faster.
- Introduction and definition of redox : batch redox number, relation with oxygen partial pressure and temperature in the melt, optical measurements on the glass.
- Influence of redox on the radiative heat transfer and the glass colour : amber chromophore, reduced greens, decolouration.
- Cullet and redox control.
- Sulphur solubility, fining principle and mechanisms.
- Mechanisms and root causes of foaming in air-fuel and oxy-fuel furnaces.
- Seeds and bubble : identifying the origin. Case study brought by participants or from our archives.
Corinne ClaireauxCorinne Claireaux studied glass and materials chemistry in Rennes and obtained her PhD from the Sorbonne University in Paris in 2014. She worked as an internal trainer and R&D project leader for Saint-Gobain, improving or developing new glass formulations for different businesses and products (float, glass wool, glass-ceramics). She joined CelSian as a glass scientist and trainer in 2019.
Oscar VerheijenOscar Verheijen obtained his PhD from Eindhoven Technical University before joining TNO as a R&D project manager and business development manager of sustainable technologies. He is now R&D and training team leader at CelSian, Board member of the GlassTrend, member of the steering committee of the Dutch Glass Industry (NCNG) and represents the NCNG at European level.
Penny MarsonPenny Marson studied Glass Science and Technology at Sheffield University. She worked in development and process improvement for TV and lighting glass applications at Philips. She joined CelSian in 2012 concentrating on glass melting projects in the lab. As a consultant, researcher and trainer, she loves the challenge to apply experimental work to assist manufacturers in improving their performance while decreasing their environmental footprint.
Price The price per participant is 1.950 EUR. This is the equivalent of 4 tons of glass.
When onsite, price includes 2 lunches and 1 dinner. It excludes tax and duties.
Are you joining with 5 other colleagues? The 6th participant can join for free. Contact us to get a 15% discount.