REFRACTORY SELECTION MAINTENANCE AND RELATED DEFECTS (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
The refractory materials used in industrial melting furnaces are a huge investment for the glass manufacturer. Choosing the correct refractories is key in improving the furnace lifetime, reducing the energy costs and reducing the refractory related defects.
The course will provide you with insight into why different parts of the furnace, including melter, refiner, working end/forehearth channels and regenerator chambers, require different refractory types with specific chemistry and properties. The course will also provide you with some maintenance techniques that can be used to increase the furnace lifetime and reduce the risk of refractory failures.
- Key refractories, requirements and properties
- Interaction mechanisms of refractories in contact with the glass melt and in contact with flue gases
- Refractory testing and on-line monitoring techniques
- Preventive maintenance of furnace structure
- Corrective maintenance and hot repair of furnace structure
- Identifying and understanding refractory related solid defects and cords
When onsite, price includes 2 lunches and 1 dinner. It excludes tax and duties.
Are you joining with 5 other colleagues? The 6th participant can join for free. Contact us to get a 15% discount.