ANNEALING, TEMPERING (INTRODUCTORY TRAINING)
4 - 5 April 2023
14:00 - 17:30 CET
Eindhoven (NL) and/or Online
The mechanical properties of glass are of vital importance for many applications. Bottles must withstand internal pressure; architectural and automotive glazing must break in a safe way; ovenware must endure brutal temperature shocks; plane windshields must resist high-speed collisions with birds. This training provides key information to understand the ways to improve the strength of glass products.
Contents of the introductory training:
- Glass composition (soda-lime, borosilicate, crystal) and atomic structure
- From structure to Young’s modulus and thermal expansion coefficient
- The key role of glass surface condition
- Thermal shock resistance
- Relaxing stress : annealing
- Tailoring stress : heat strengthening and tempering
- Special glasses and chemical tempering
Corinne ClaireauxCorinne Claireaux studied glass and materials chemistry in Rennes and obtained her PhD from the Sorbonne University in Paris in 2014. She worked as an internal trainer and R&D project leader for Saint-Gobain, improving or developing new glass formulations for different businesses and products (float, glass wool, glass-ceramics). She joined CelSian as a glass scientist and trainer in 2019.
Price The price per participant is 1.095 EUR. This is the equivalent of 2 tons of glass.
The 6th participant from the same company can join FOR FREE. Prices exclude tax and duties.