REDOX, FINING AND GLASS QUALITY (ADVANCED TRAINING)
14-17:30 CET, 8-11:30 EST
REGISTER BEFORE AUGUST 30
You know that redox is a key element of glass production and that its consequences can be perceived all along the production chain. You want to understand how redox influences the melting and fining process in relation to foaming, seeds defects and colour variations. You will be able to diagnose better redox related issues and to find solutions faster.
- Introduction and definition of redox : batch redox number, relation with oxygen partial pressure and temperature in the melt, optical measurements on the glass.
- Influence of redox on the radiative heat transfer and the glass colour : amber chromophore, reduced greens, decolouration.
- Cullet and redox control.
- Sulphur solubility, fining principle and mechanisms.
- Mechanisms and root causes of foaming in air-fuel and oxy-fuel furnaces.
- Seeds and bubble : identifying the origin. Case study brought by participants or from our archives.
When onsite, price includes 2 lunches and 1 dinner. It excludes tax and duties.
Are you joining with 5 other colleagues? The 6th participant can join for free. Contact us to get a 15% discount.